AGV Pista GP Full Carbon Helmet
designed, setting new records for protection and ergonomics
The Pista GP is an innovative helmet created as part of the AGV EXTREME STANDARDS HELMETS project. This new process has redefined helmet design and testing. Developing began by taking measurement of riders’ heads with a digital scanner. These measurements were then used to design the helmet from the "inside out". AGV EXTREME STANDARDS HELMETS use FEM (Finite Elements Analysis) to set new standards as regards safety, comfort and ergonomics. The raw materials and technologies used in production have a low environmental impact.
“I consider the PistaGP helmet a tribute to Gino Amisano, an entrepreneur I admired for his ability to innovate, the records he achieved, and the competitive spirit with which he faced every challenge. The new helmet is part of the AGV Extreme Standards project, which, in line with the qualities established by Amisano, revolutionises the way helmets are designed, setting new records for protection and ergonomics that are clearly evident. The next generation helmets arising from this project are intended to place AGV, once again in a leading market position with its technology”
- Lino Dainese, President of Dainese and AGV
- The residual impact force transmitted to the head is reduced by 36% compared to the limit established by ECE regulations.
- The HIC index is 48% below the limit established by ECE regulations.
- The basic visor movement area has been reduced by 71% compared to the GP-Tech helmet. This allows use of the space saved to increase the thickness of the absorption material, benefiting safety.
- The visor is Class 1 optical standard approved for excellent vision.
- The field of vision is 15° wider and the overall visor window area has increased by 9% compared to the previous helmet, without compromising its level of protection.
- The Z-Lift index has been reduced by 44% after wind tunnel tests.
- The air intakes have almost tripled in size, whereas the entire ventilation system of the PistaGP helmet removes heat and moisture very efficiently. The padding has a 3D concave structure, which is preshaped according to the morphological characteristics of the head, while the surfaces in direct contact with the head are free from stitching for guaranteed comfort.
Thanks to its "from the inside out" design, the structural components of the helmet are designed to provide the required performance while minimizing size and weight.
The frontal cross section has been reduced by 3% and the lateral cross section by 6% compared with the GP-Tech helmet.
- The fit of the PistaGP helmet, covered by three patents, provides an extraordinary high level of comfort and adaptability to different shapes, unknown up to now.
- 4 shell sizes
- Carbon Fiber Shell
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with wide ducts hollowed into the shell
- Removable and washable inside padding
- Hygienic treatment of the comfort padding
- Breathable Lycra® micro-porous lining and Dry-comfort fabric with sanitizing treatment using CoolMax fabrics
- Double D retention system
- XQRS (Extra Quick Release System): shield replacement without tools in few seconds
- RACE 2 flat, non-scratch visor with wide field of vision, pinlock ready and suitable for tear-off strips. Pinlock comes as standard
- Total protection from UV rays
- Highly scratch resistant paint